Resources to learn and grow as church together
Resourceful Servants has developed a set of resources for the further development of your financial acumen. Provided here are several suggestions as you seek to make a deeper dive into financial wellness. Explore these resources to help you strengthen your financial leadership for yourself and to help others.
Events, Webinars, and Additional Financial Wellness Resources
Take a look at the tools available to you from Portico Benefit Services as you prepare for future financial events:
Research Literature and Findings
Learn more about research conducted on financial counseling:
- The Process and Effectiveness of Financial Counseling
- The Experience of Financial Counseling
- Research Literature on Financial Counseling:
- Barron, J.M. & Staten, M.E. Is technology-enhanced credit counseling as effective as in-person delivery
- Clancy, N. & Carroll, S.J. (2007). Prebankruptcy credit counseling
- Collins, J.M. & O’Rourke, C. (2012). Still holding out promise: A review of financial literacy education and financial counseling studies
- Mahoney, K. (Ed.). (2013). A handbook on educational debt and vocations to religious life.
- McRobbie, M. (2017). Fixing student debt: A common-sense approach. The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Roll, S. & Moulton, S. (2016). The impact of credit counseling on consumer outcomes: Evidence from a national demonstration program.
- Staten, M. & Barron, J. (2006). Evaluating the effectiveness of credit counseling. Phase one: The impact of delivery channels from credit counseling services.
Communications Pieces and Images
This section contains an electronic repository of the resources provided to Resourceful Servants implementation partners:
- Financial Counseling Booklet for Candidacy Partners
- Financial Counseling Booklet for Participants
- Achieve Financial Wellness infographic
- Your Neighbor’s Financial Wellness infographic
- Congregational Resource Booklet for Congregations
- Congregational Resource Booklet for Synods
- Congregational Financial Wellness Infographic
Find out more about the partners of the Resourceful Servants Initiative by visiting their websites: